(1) The Planning Commission shall direct the preparation of a comprehensive plan and development regulations in compliance with Chapters 35A.63 and 36.70A RCW. This includes establishing procedures providing for early and continuous public participation in the development and amendment of the comprehensive land use plan for the City and the development regulations implementing the plan and make recommendations concerning these matters to the City Council.
(2) The Planning Commission shall review land use management, shoreline management and environmental protection ordinances and regulations of the City and make recommendations regarding them to the City Council.
(3) The Planning Commission shall review potential annexations to the City as requested by the City Council, and make recommendations concerning them.
(4) Where design review is required by land use ordinances of the City, the Planning Commission shall perform such design review unless that review is delegated to some other appointed body or staff.
(5) The Planning Commission shall recommend, establish priorities for, and review studies of geographic sub-areas in the City.
(6) The Planning Commission shall submit written periodic reports to the City Council setting forth its progress in completing its work program for the current fiscal year. The chairperson of the Planning Commission or designee is encouraged to regularly present updates to the City Council at the first regular City Council meeting or study session after each Planning Commission meeting.
(7) The Planning Commission may hold public hearings in the exercise of its duties and responsibilities as it deems necessary. (Ord. 23-02 § 1; Ord. 28-97 § 5)