There is adopted and by this reference made a part of this chapter as though fully set forth herein, at length, that certain code known as the International Residential Code (IRC), 2018 Edition, including Chapters 1 through 10, 12 through 24 and 44, published by the International Code Council, Inc., together with: Appendix E, Manufactured Housing Used as Dwellings; and Appendix K, Sound Transmission.
(1) IRC Section R105.2 Exception 1 is amended as follows:
R105.2 Exception 1 One-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet.
(2) IRC Section R105.2 Exception 10 is amended as follows:
R105.2 Exception 10 Decks not exceeding 200 square feet in area, that are not more than 30 inches above grade at any point, are not attached to a dwelling, do not serve the exit door required by Section R311.4, and decks that are not more than 18 inches above grade at any point.
(3) IRC Section R108.6 is amended as follows:
R108.6 Any person who commences work requiring a permit on a building, structure, electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system before obtaining the necessary permits shall be subject to a fee established by the applicable governing authority that shall be in addition to the required permit fees.
(4) IRC Section R112 Deleted, Board of Appeals. Section R112 is hereby deleted in its entirety and substitution is made to the City Hearing Examiner in accordance with CMC 15.05.220.
(5) IRC Section R113.4 Violation Penalties. Section R113.4 is amended with the following:
R113.4 Violation Penalties. Any person who violates a provision of this code or fails to comply with any of the requirements thereof or who erects, constructs,
alters or repairs a building or structure in violation of the approved construction documents or directive of the building official, or of a permit or certificate issued under the provisions of this code, shall be subject to penalties as prescribed by law and Chapter 1.30 CMC.
(Ord. 19-20 § 2 (Exh. 1); Ord. 11-16 § 1 (Exh. 1))