There is adopted and by this reference made a part of this chapter as though fully set forth herein, at length, that certain code known as the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC), 2018 Edition, as adopted by the State Building Code Council in Chapter 51-56 WAC, as published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
(1) UPC Section 102.3 Deleted, Board of Appeals. UPC Section 102.3 is hereby deleted in its entirety and substitution is made to the City Hearing Examiner in accordance with CMC 15.05.220.
(2) UPC Section 1101.1 Where Required. Section 1101.1 is amended with the following:
All roofs, paved areas, yards, courts, and courtyards shall be drained into a separate storm sewer system or to some other place of disposal satisfactory of the Authority Having Jurisdiction. In the case of one- and two-family dwellings, stormwater may be discharged on flat areas such as streets or lawns so long as the stormwater shall flow away from the building, shall flow away from adjoining property, shall not create a nuisance, and shall be in accordance with the approved drainage report.
(3) UPC Section 1101.5.2 is amended with the following:
Subsoil drains shall discharge downstream of water quality treatment or flow control facilities unless such facilities are designed to accommodate subsoil drain discharges and documented in the approved drainage report.
(4) UPC Section 1126.96.36.199.2 is replaced with the following:
The secondary roof drains shall connect to the vertical piping of the primary storm drainage conductor downstream of any horizontal offset below the roof. The primary storm drainage system shall connect to the building stormwater system that connects to the on-site conveyance system. The combined secondary and primary roof drain systems shall be sized in accordance with Section 1106.0 based on double the rainfall rate for the local area.
(5) UPC Sections 1103.1, 1103.3 and 1103.4 are deleted.
(6) UPC Section 1104.3 is replaced with the following:
a. Combining storm and sanitary drainage is prohibited.
(7) UPC Section 102.5 Penalties. Section 102.5 is amended with the following:
102.5 Penalties. Any person who violates a provision of this code or fails to comply with any of the requirements thereof or who erects, constructs, alters or repairs a building or structure in violation of the approved construction documents or directive of the building official, or of a permit or certificate issued under the provisions of this code, shall be subject to penalties as prescribed by law and Chapter 1.30 CMC.
(Ord. 19-20 § 2 (Exh. 1); Ord. 11-16 § 1 (Exh. 1))